After being away from regular blogging here for a couple of weeks, I had to remind myself of various essential tasks that used to come just naturally after I had written a blog post.
I wrote them down as a reminder to myself and to share with you:
Before publishing the blog post
- Check spelling and grammar.
- Look at the post and paragraph length and alter if necessary. Can I make better use of lists to emphasise points and make the post more easily readable
- Have I put in too many links to external sources? If so could I reduce these.
- Can I add any links to my previous posts to bring them to readers and search engine attention again.
- Make sure the post appears as I want it in Search Engine Listings by using the correct tags in WordPress.
- Check the final draft to ensure the layout is what I intended and images are aligned and sized appropriately.
- Visit other blogs and comment to let them know that I am still around. (I have been so busy with other matters lately I have neglected my blogging friends and for this I apologize)
- Follow up. Repost a tweet, maybe using different but still content appropriate text. Answer any comments on my blog and any other place that has elicited a response.
- Feel satisfied that I have completed the tasks involved in writing and publishing a post.