Writing poetry for a loved one or writing professionally can be a difficult task to complete. Sometimes we can experience writer’s block when coming up with ideas to write about.
Searching the internet I found a great website that lists twelve ideas to write poetry on. I found this website very helpful when creating poems. I would like to share this website ideas with you:
- Parents – Bad memories, good memories? Writing poems about someone close helps the reader relate to what is being said.
- Love – Romance always brings emotion. When speaking of a relationship, others fantasize about what they could have; forcing them to want more.
- Past relationships – Broken heart, love gone bad or just childhood memories. All mentioned have been proven to draw readers.
- Friends – Have a funny story or just a friend you will never forget? Write about it! Just make sure it has rhythm.
- Friend betrayals – Tell your story. What happened to make you part?
- Interests – Is there a certain TV show you just can’t stop watching? How about that new book that just came out? Watch out for copyrights.
- Hobbies – What do you do in your free time and what do you love about it? Share it with the world in meters!
- Celebrities – Have a funny tale about an actor? Just be careful, you don’t want to be sued in the process.
- Nature – Aw, isn’t that dog cute! And the way those leaves are blowing today, ohhhh the sunset. How much more perfect could it be – for a poem?
- Politics – Don’t you just hate the way those right wingers are controlling our government? And how about those left wingers? They just boil my cucumber!
- Astronomy – The stars are beautiful tonight, Saturn is finally showing… I hope Mars doesn’t get too jealous.
- School – Lunch time in the cafeteria is always an adventure – not to mention all the drama that goes on during it. Drama is poetries best friend.